Saturday 2 August 2008

Full Monty & More Pictures from Devon Car Show

Firstly a big congratulations to Phil, Mark, Mick, Mike, Tony and Brian (aka) the Full Monty for their show stopping performance last Sunday night. You'll have seen from our blogs that I had been choreographing their routine for them with expert help from Sue in the art of seductive clothing removal and I'm pleased to say that all the hard work and rehearsals paid off - they never even needed my prompt cards I'd written up for them! Sue, Sam and I were all in the front row to cheer them on and they did us all proud. Steve had also come down with me to support the night but I think he was secretly a little relieved when they started early and he was able to lurk at the back whilst I rushed to my front row viewing. We each received a lovely bouquet of flowers for our support which are stilling looking great in my living room. Thank you guys. I've also now heard that the guys are in hot demand so you never know there may be a Full Monty on tour....

























As promised here are some more photos from the Devon Car show last Sunday. I'd like to say a big thank you to one of my Exeter students, Nicole Windley who came down to support us all and for the lovely photos she has taken. Nicole has quickly progressed since coming to my Exeter classes and shares the love and passion for pole dance like I and my fellow instructors do. It is great to see such enthusiasm in Nicole and indeed many of you that come to our classes and to know that you enjoy it so much and give us such support. Nicole even braved the wobbly pole on Sunday as she just couldn't resist showing off her moves. Well done Nicole!


The day turned out to be great fun for me in the end. I was a little worried about where we were pitched originally as we were at the far end of the event so I wasn't sure if people would come down and get to see us, but as the day progressed we were drawing the crowds and getting some great comments. So much so that we got moved to the main stage in the afternoon where Sam & I got up and strutted our stuff. My performance got slightly interupted by one of the Fuel girls dominating the front of the stage with not a lot on! - but otherwise it went well and I loved being up there in front of the crowd. Jo has taken some video footage of Sam & I so hopefully this will come out ok and we'll be able to post for you..naked lady and all!

All in all it was a good day as the weather was the hottest and sunniest it has been for ages and it was great to spend some time together with Jo, Hayley, Sam, Sue and her lovely daughter Rose. My sunburnt shoulders were still giving off heat on Tuesday morning and I've discovered are now peeling this morning. I think we all got a little bit burnt from being out in the sun and not able to wear sun tan lotion and were all a bit achy from the day's performance. My back in particular has been quite sore and playing up a bit more since Sunday so have been back to the osteopath this week to help work it out. I know Sam & Jo were especially feeling it as they had performed the previous Saturday and then again on the Thursday night in Raffles as part of the fund raising week. I managed to catch their last performance when I came over after teaching and what a performance they gave on the spinning pole - both very different but stunning, fluid and inspirational - I felt a bit green watching especially Jo's "out of control!" sitting spin combination - Wow! Sue as ever was sensual and stunning performing her routine - loved the feather tassles!

Jo the lucky devil has escaped to Egypt to go diving with hubby - so jealous but then it is only 6 weeks before Steve & I head out there. We're waiting for the MRI scan results for Steve's back so not sure we'll get so much diving in as his back isn't right but hopefully we'll be able to manage some dives. We're looking forward to our trip to Cairo as well as we've booked to fly there to see the pyramids - neither of us have yet seen this spectacular sight so we're looking forward to that and relaxing in the sun.

Sam is covering Jo's classes this week and I'll be in on my usual nights of Exeter on the Monday and Thursday in Plymouth. I'm also taking the Friday night class this week so hopefully get to see you then.

Good luck to Sid today for his open day for Plymouth's first Cage Den.

see you all soon

xxx Rosanna

1 comment:

sam@theartofdance.co.uk said...

Hi Rosanna, great blog as always and lovie Nicole's pictures. See you on Thursday, Sam x