Sunday 1 March 2009

Vestival & Update

Wow! what a hectic couple of weeks I've had..I feel my feet have hardly touched the ground. Well mainly because they have been up the pole a lot practising this last week in readiness for my performance on Saturday in Plymouth city centre with Sam and Hayley as part of Vestival.

We were all really nervous about performing as well as having to deal with the cold, and a freezing cold pole! but I think you'll agree watching our performances that we all put on a fabulous show which was really well received. I managed to pretty much keep to what I'd hoped to put in and pull off as well! Jo was there cheering us on and giving out flyers, as was Nixi who managed to dash out in her lunch break to support us and of course my gorgeous fiance Steve. Sam and I roped him into doing the footage for us so check out Sam and Hayley's blogs already for theirs. I'll be passing Sam my footage from my camera in the next couple of days for her to publish on our You Tube channel and put on my blog as I can't get it to upload the files at the moment!

Not only have I had to find time to fit in a bit more practise (never easy when you already work full time and teach at at least 2 nights a week)but Sam also gave me some more "homework" to do. I won't give too much away but will say that it has involved studying a current music video to death (well 4 hours has been plenty and I now cringe when I hear the song come on!)to choreogragh a minutes worth of a routine to teach 3 members of staff from Plymouth Sound. We had our first rehearsal after my normal Thursday night classes last week and I have to say it went brilliantly. Considering none of them are natural dancers and the routine is very, very fast they pretty much were there. We've done the first 20 seconds so at this rate we'll have it in the bag in no time. I'll keep you updated with progress and I think the end result they are aiming for will look fantastic.

I've managed to have some time off though and Steve and I went away for a couple of days over Valentine's weekend to my Mum's. We had a day together shopping in Milton Keynes on the way through (although not very successfully as the music shop Steve wanted to visit had shut down and I didn't find anything I really liked) so we just enjoyed some time together window shopping before having a very enjoyable meal in a restaurant in the Snow Dome. I even indulged in a cocktail!

We turned up at Mum's late that evening and then had the day with her on Sunday. We were treated to a top notch meal at one of her favourite restaurants and then popped over to see my Dad's niece and her husband in the afternoon.





It was a fleeting visit as we had to come away from Bedford on the Monday as we were both working back up in Exeter that night for pole class and DJing respectively.(what a dedicated member of staff you have Sam! hee hee). I'm looking forward to this weekend as well as Mum is coming down here to stay with us for a couple of days so I'll get to have some me and Mum time!.

I've a busy week as usual as I'm teaching Monday night in Exeter and Thursday in the Plymouth studio plus I have a meeting in Bristol on Wednesday so will have an early start that morning. I'm hoping I'll stop aching after Saturday's performance as I really did feel exhausted from dancing in the cold. Steve and I had a relaxing evening over Chinese dinner at a friends house in Exeter on Saturday and we took his kids up to Badger Holt on the moors today to take advantage of the gorgeous sunshine and indulge in a cream tea - so I think i'm almost there now and ready to give the Exeter girlies a beasting tomorrow.

Toodle pip for now and look out for the videos.

No comments: