Sunday 27 April 2008

Podium Dancing

hi all

Well it's been a hectic couple of weeks for me with my main work. I've been up to Birmingham for a team meeting which meant a very early start for me - trust me I'm not usually a morning person!
I've had a really great weekend in the Plymouth studio. I was teaching my normal Thursday night and then had 2 classes on Friday eve and a further hen party on Saturday morning before Nixi then stretched me out in her flexibility class. I'm putting together my routine to teach you for my sequencing Masterclass next Saturday at 1.30pm. I'm quite excited about it as I'm doing something fun, and a little faster than my last routine to be in complete contrast and trying a few different tricks in it. Don't worry if you're not that advanced I'm structuring it so that everyone will be able to do the dance elements and the tricks can be adapted to whatever level you are working at whether beginner or more advanced - hope to see some of you there.
Thought I'd just share with you a video of my audition/warm up set of my club dancing in Berties from a week ago on Saturday night. Many of you know I used to be a part time club dancer - some of you may even have seen me in Destiny's - but since that shut I haven't really done my club dancing having found my new passion of Pole dancing with the Art of Dance. I've really missed it so was great when Berties asked me to dance for them after they have done a bit of a refit of the club. I'll be there on Sat nights for a while until the summer so if you ever venture down to Newquay come and say hello. The podium is a bit small and has a wall directly behind me but otherwise all went well considering it's been over 2 years and I'll be 34 this year!. I even managed to get a pole move in....

xxx

3 comments:

ArtofdanceJo said...

Groooooooovey baby!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! Love Jo xxxxx

sam@theartofdance.co.uk said...

Love it, Sam x x

MrsG said...

Love it!!! (And have fuzzy boot envy...) :-) xx